Plowshares Theatre Company seeking a Bookkeeper to join our team. The Company seeks energetic individuals who deeply appreciate African American culture, theatre, and the arts.
The Bookkeeper for Plowshares Theatre is an integral member of the Finance Department. The Finance Department is responsible for Plowshares Theatre Company’s accounting, finance, and budgeting requirements, including recording and monitoring income and expenditure, maintaining adequate financial controls, preparing budgets, internal and external financial reporting, and compliance with tax policy or other regulations.
Job Description – Bookkeeper
The Bookkeeper oversees the company’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. They perform routine accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments.
Applicants should send the resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Provide fiscal support, including tax preparation, cash flow management, general accounting activities, treasury management, banking, and account reconciliations, interfacing with accountants, auditors, and vendors as necessary.
- Manage organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets, and General Ledger within the accounting system.
- Manage the production of monthly P&L reports, financial statements, and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, the Finance Committee, and the Board of Trustees.
- Manage Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Petty Cash.
- Communicate directly with vendors regarding payments and services; process, prepare, and record invoices.
- Support management of annual budgets and administration of monthly reviews, including explanations of variances.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00/hour
- At least three years of customer service experience, face-to-face or over the telephone.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel) or Apple Suite (Apple).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Certificate in Bookkeeping
- Working knowledge of payroll systems (ADP/Paychex)
- G Suite (Google Sheets)
- Enjoys working with data and strives to make systems as efficient and accurate as possible
- Acute attention to detail, highly organized, and willing to learn
- Ability to multitask while prioritizing one’s duties
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Love for theatre and the arts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.