Plowshares Theatre Company brings to life passionate stories, plays and programs told through the prism of African American life celebrating enduring themes that affirm, exhibit and inspire our shared human experience.Join us in celebrating 30 years of being part of a renewed and revitalized Detroit.
At Plowshares we know theatre is more than the venue where you come to see a show. Theatre invites a group of strangers into a dark room to hear someone tell them a story. That experience creates community. We offer a place of belonging, inspiration, and ideas.
In the last year, Covid-19 has had a dramatic effect on arts organizations, and the ability to connect artists to audiences of all ages and backgrounds. While our stage is still dark, we’ve been busy planning, creating new plays and programs and dreaming freely.
Your support matters more than ever before. It ensures we will be able to continue:
- Sharing the stories of our home Detroit in new plays, on tour, and across the globe on digital platforms
- Commissioning ground-breaking new work from the country’s leading Black Theatre artists.
- Mentoring youth to help nurture and celebrate their individuality and creativity
- Sustaining meaningful creative employment for Black Detroit’s largest company of theatre artists
- When it is safe to do so, we will once again gather as a community to be moved, inspired and entertained.
Giving to Plowshares online is an easy way for you show individual support from the comfort of your own home. Your donation shows that the mission of Plowshares and Black Theatre matter!
Become A Partner
Businesses and local organizations can support Plowshares Theatre Company by getting involved in the Plowshares Partner Circle Program. These larger donations help us make significant advances in establishing Plowshares as a permanent institution in Detroit.